Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

♥ Wedding Card~ Punch Art ♥


Hello Friends in Blogland,
I was recently asked to make a wedding card for the upcoming nuptial of one of my collegue (Val)
 - to share with other invited collegues - and this is one of the two choices I made.
I took in consideration that her wedding dress color is amethist/light blue and that she loves daisies;
so much in fact that she used them on her wedding invites as well....

Luckily I had some leftover SU textured amethist c/s which I paired up with a
beautiful dotted white c/s as the base of this card. The designer paper 
 is from SU 'Specialty Paper Bride' . It was used for both daisies , the lovebirds and my lil handmade rolled rose , plus the inside of the card too. Love such beautiful  and shimmery looking d/p!


Close up of  front and inside of card
There are four overlapped layers for each daisy.
Too bad that it doesn't show too well how glittery it is around
the diamond shape and the smallest nestie edge,below.


I used a new sentiment stamp for the inside. It is 'Best Wishes Wedding'  from Paper Parachute, inked in Almost Amethist from SU. Unfortunatly it was not inked quite straight, but I had no time to make a new inside panel ...oh well...it adds some character....lol


Other items used to make this card, besides the ones already mentioned, are:
CB folders: Swiss Dots, Victoria, Just my Type.
Punches: MS heart border punch , SU two steps bird punch
Sizzix : Daisies #2 , sizzlets alphabet letters
Several nesties from Spellbinder, white satin ribbon, pearls, beads, glitter, dimentionals.
This is it for now....I will be posting the other wedding card at another time....

Sending blessings and love to ya all...thanks fo visiting!


20 comments:

Rosie Gustafson said...

What a beautiful wedding card. The flowers are pretty and I liked how you embossed to give it texture.

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Gorgeous!! The newly weds are going to love this work of art, Paola! I love all lthe texture and detail both inside and out.

Melina said...

Oh Sweet P I love the purple and white combo! Those flowers are gorgeous! Great card girl :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your card is gorgeous, Sweet P! I love the color scheme... the flowers are beautiful, too!

kadie said...

Gorgeous! Stunning!! I bet those two will be very delighted and feel so loved to receive such a beautiful card. Now I really want those sizzix letters too!!

jimlynn said...

Stunning!!! Love the colors you used on this awesome card! Love everything about it.
This will be something they'll treasure forever.
Lynn

Samantha said...

OMG what a lucky couple this card is gorgeous, I love all the textures.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card and so many wonderful details!

MiamiKel said...

Holy Hanna, this is a beauty!! I am in awe!! My jaw literally dropped! Such a detailed, elegant and beautifully crafted card - this should be a glass frame, shadowboxed to keep forever and ever :) I am sure without a doubt the newlyweds will treasure this beauty - you left no detail undone - it's perfect!! (and I'm intrigued at the bride's bridal gown color - so unique!) Blessings, my friend! x0x0

Imke said...

Darling wedding card, Paola. Love the colors !

Winnie said...

This is an amazing card. You can see all the love that went into it. Such a delicate card.

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card. Love the soft colors, and your rolled rose is fantastic. I'm sure they will love it.

Darlene said...

Simply devine, Paola!! They will LOVE it! Such pretty daisies and the rose is TDF! The embossing is lovely and the inside is so sweet. What a thoughtful and beautiful card.

:: BlueInks :: said...

Such a beautiful card. The colors and those flowers are just perfect.

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOW_ this is a beauty...and I am thinking- I have the 'stuff' I need to make this one...... Your friends will love this- I love the inside too!

Maria_G said...

Beautiful card, love the colours.

Debbie Dunham said...

Gorgeous card!

paige said...

What gorgeous details on this fabulous card!

Carol W said...

Great card my sweet friend. I love how you colored the duck...you did an outstanding job on this...wow...I also love how your nesties work so well together..you are so darn clever...Great work...two thumbs up.

Marilyn said...

So pretty! That's a great layout - love the birds and those flowers!