Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Calendar Girls- Celebrate YOUR Birthday!


Yeahhh! It's that time of the month for the Calendar Girls to reveal their challenge...
Who are the Calendar Girls? ♥ You can check them out here:
Read what our Miss April had in mind for the month of March....
here are her own word for this month'schallenge :
"...{In another thread, we were talking about what kind of challenges we like best and that is where I got this idea}
I want you to make a birthday card based on your date of birth. I would love you to use two parts of your birthdate and use the corresponding color and sketch challenges available on the forums.
So, my birthday is 3-8-67.....either 3, 8, or 67 would be the
color challenge and either of the two remaining would be the sketch challenge.
My choices could be: 3/8, 3/67, 8/67; or the reverse of these
combos for color/sketch or sketch/color.....Clear as mud, right?? Use two parts of your birthdate and the corresponding challenge to make a birthday card!
April... "

Well my birthday is 30/11/1951. With that in mind, I scooted to the sites and selected challenge CC30 (my birth-date) and SC51 (the year I was born) Yes...I do not mind revealing my age at all......what would be the point?? ehehe  So this is the sketch I cased and the colors for CC30 are Bravo Burgundy and Cream Caramel. Luckily I had some card stock sheets left!            Thank YOU for such a FUN challenge miss April! or should I say miss March - aka April?? ;o)   Are you confused yet? ehhehee lol


Thank YOU for stopping by and visit...I love it when you do ♥
Please check out the other wonderfully creative Calendar Girls' blogs...
You can find them here:
April (SCS - Aprilo) April's Alley
          Barb (SCS - barbaralynn) Barb's Inkin' into Retirement
Carol (SCS - momcgw) Lost in my craft room
Debbie (SCS - djones) The Ink Igloo
Jeanette (SCS - Forest Ranger) Cre8tive Play
Kelly (SCS - MiamiKel4) Sandcastle Stamper
Michelle (SCS - pattem) Ink'n General
                 Paola (SCS - Sama) That's Amore    **you are here**
Tami (SCS - BlueInks)
BlueInks Design
Terry (SCS - terry0926) It's Totally Terry

Card Deets :

Stamps: Hello Blossom (SU) , Curly Cute (SU)
Ink: SU Markers, Cool Caribbean
Card Stock: Bravo Burgundy, Cream Caramel
Designer Paper : K & Company
Accessories : buttons, baker's twine, satiny ribbon, butterfly punch


14 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Sweet P, I'm so sorry. I tried to delete my earlier comment. I don't know why I thought I was on Barb's blog, but I did. I didn't mean to pester you that way - you know I always save that for Barb. I guess I'll have to be much more careful in the future!

Your crd is lovely. I do admire you... you are so creative and your cards always inspire me to try to think outside my norm because each of yours is a unique treasure!

I'm glad you're a Calendar Girl.

Now if you can tell me how to delete my earlier comment, I will. ;)

:: BlueInks :: said...

What fabby colors together! Who knew?! Your DP matches perfectly, by the way.

I love the sweetness of this card. You chose the perfect image for the DP. The buttons on the flowers are just the right touch.

Super job on this challenge. Thanks, for sharing.

April said...

Holy jamollis! This is absolutely perfect! I would not have thought to put those colors together and they are perfect!!
I love your flowers and the butterflies!!

I love how you took the challenge and ran with it!

Terry Ladwig said...

WPSistah....your card is absolutly sweet! I love the flowers, buttons, sun and butterfly! It's amazing to see what you come up with every month! I really do look forward to the 28th!

Thanks for being part of this wonderful challenge group!!

♥♥♥

Barb said...

Paola--this card is just beautiful! I love all of the flowers and the buttons are perfect. What a great creations for this challenge.

Thanks so much for being a part of this fun group of ladies!

Melina said...

Great card Sweet P! I love the colors :)

jimlynn said...

PRECIOUS and I love all those buttons and DP!
Lynn

MiamiKel said...

oh how absolutely gorgeous ... lovely flower garden, bursting with color and beauty!! love your use of buttons as floral centers!! this is a beauty!! thank you for the birthday wishes!!

paige said...

What a fun challenge! I'll have to remember that idea! Oh, and your card is wonderful! Love the light and airy flowers paired with the pretty papers!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! What a challenge and you really rocked it, Sweet P! That color combination is just about perfect to represent your birth month. And I love the sketch and yuour darling flowerimages with buttons! And, of course, the butterflies are the perfect touch!!! Love it!

Cheryl said...

This is really cute! I love the fun details you added!

dweatter said...

What are great card. So bright and cheerful! Those flowers with the button centers are sooooo cute! Love all the layers and perfect DP. Butterflies are the right touch!

Marilyn said...

This is just the cutest... so cheery and happy! Love how you've used the buttons, very clever.

Carol W said...

I love your card Sweet P...I am so sorry I am late in getting here...but oh my...what a card. It is so perfect and so well done (but then again...you always do a great job on your cards)...so bright and sunny....AWESOME card...