Search This Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick Day!


Hello Friends,
it is dueling time again! ♥ This month the Divas and the Dazzlers shared a 'green battle'
in celebrating Saint Patrick's Day as per the hostess wishes (Barb hosted the Divas and Michelle us Dazzlers) Michelle sent us a great green kit full of awesome d/p and embellishments.
I received mine less then twelve hrs ago and, since sleep failed me ,
I decided to stop tossing and turning and get creative right in the middle of the night. ♥
Michelle also asked us to share if we celebrate and do something special on St. Pat's Day.
Well, we don't really celebrate it, but I do usually wear something green ♥
However,since my lil granddaughters will come and spend time with me today ( they went to a
St. Pat's school dance party last night) I am sure they are going to be excited to share what they did at the party.... Who knows? We may even make green shamrocks sugar cookies together as well as a couple more 'green' cards!! ♥


Michelle's wonderful kit contained the following:
3 - 6x6 pieces of patterned paper....Basic Grey Origins.... sugar pea
Echo Park This and That...dots and plaid
Reminisce...ShamRock
Ribbon and cording....American Crafts
Brads...................American Crafts
Glitter Shamrock....die cut from glitter paper
Pebblesinc......Button candy dots
Irish Blessing poem is computer generated and printed on SU! Whisper White and Cream


 To the above, I added basic black c/s from SU!, front sentiment from SU set 'All Year Cheers III',
Nesties from Label 8 and Beaded Circle, scalloped punch, dimentionals, glue dots.
Front sentiment was stamped w/ Versamark Onix Black and sponged w/Green Galore
and So Saffron. Card dimention is 5.5 x5.5 square.


Please excuse the pictures.Unfortunatly they're not the best, being taken hastily as well as not in natural daylight, in order to post ;o)
Well, my dear peeps, I think it's time I put my laptop to rest, as well as my ol bones too.
I'll leave ya  with a couple of 'Irish' links for you to enjoy :
http://www.st-patricks-day.com/about_saintpatrick.html
http://www.theholidayspot.com/patrick/irish_blessings_and_sayings.htm

For each petal on the shamrock
This brings a wish your way-
Good health, good luck, and happiness
For today and every day ...
Happy Saint Patrick's Day Everyone!
 ♥ God Bless ♥





                        

12 comments:

Melina said...

Oh very pretty Sweet P! I love the scallop circles! (you know I'm a circle girl) and the way you did your ribbon is too cute! Great card girl :)

Darlene said...

Wow oh WOW!!! Look at all of those luscious layers!! Don't you just love that shamrock paper she gave us?! Love, love your card my dear!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I love the layout and plaid DP! I way love how you used the ribbon. It looks super cool!!!!

Terry Ladwig said...

Ohhhh WPSistah! your card is wonderful! I love what you did with the ribbon, twine and brad!! Looks great!

Thank you for being a Dazzler, and staying one!! Great big hugs to you!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness... you put this together in record time and it is absolutely gorgeous, too! I am in awe of all the shapes - you used your nesties so well! and of course it is amazing how that huge green shamrock looks DAZZLING in the center of it all!

I'm so glad you a Dueling Darling, Sweet P!!!

MiamiKel said...

Nicely done!! I see you got this kit and put it together lickity split! And you sure did a stand up job with it - so much detail and the beauty of the front is for the eyes to behold! I looks like it would have taken me hours!

IRISH you a fabulous week!! xoxo

Fabipasticcio said...

Fantastic! You are a real master :-D

Barb said...

WOW--what a wonderful creation for the middle of the night!

I really like how you did the ribbons and the colors are so Irish!

Thanks for posting in such short notice and for being a wonderful part of this great group of ladies!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Your card is just gorgeous! I do celebrate St Patrick's Day and you have done a beautiful job making a festive card- esp love the glittery Shamrock!

paige said...

Great layering on your card! Love how you did the ribbon treatment too!

kadie said...

Gorgeous!! Love that ribbon treatment and the Irish Blessing inside!

dweatter said...

Dazzling card Sweet P! I love how you used the different designer papers and scalloped circle that showcases the shamrock. Mini buttons in the corner are perfect and I adore the ribbon, twine, brad combo - very clever!