Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2012

Asian Elegance *TWO cards*


Amongst the many swaps I'm partecipating in , one of them is the 'Asian Elegance card swap' hosted by Fran (better known as philsmom on SCS).
I always loved Asian themed cards -so much so that I've been hosting the 'Asian Flair' swap annually and received gorgeous cards in the process...so when I saw Fran's swap
I gladly took the opportunity to be on the partecipating end and took two spots, hence you'll be treated to two cards today .....*wink*

The first one was made using one of my favorite Asian stamp set : ' Dream Garden ' from SU...this is only the second time I used this pretty silhuette  of a Geisha  girl chosing to use the wet embossing tecnique with  a hint of  sponging  in between the design and around each white circle nesties.                                                
                                                                                           

Below is the inside of the card where I used SU 'Kanji' for the symbol and sentiment.

 1st Card Deet:
Versamark, Burgundy Embossing Powder, So Saffron inkpad, Cranberry Crisp inkpad, circle nesties,lacey nestie,beaded circle nestie,gold organdy ribbon, Provo Craft CB Asian pkg folder, blender pen, black gems,bravo burgundy & basic black card stock,
DCWV d/p 'The Far East Stack' .


                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


For my second card,  I used another SU set called ' Asian Artistry'.
Although I had this set for quite sometimes, it is the first chance I finally got to use it.
This is another wet embossed card, perhaps with a lil more elegant tone to it with a mixture of silver, black and grey over a very pretty flowery background that has
the feel of real fabric.
I also added a touch of color to make the black embossed panel pop....


        Below is the inside of the card  showing a pretty inked quote from same set...

 2nd Card Deet:
Versamark, silver embossing powder, Prismacolor colored pencils, silver cord, punched black trim, dot sparklers (bird's eye), basic grey and basic black card stock, light blue pearls, DCWV d/p 'The Far East Stack'  plus a gorgeous silvery fabric like d/p .


There you have it my friends....what do you think?
Personally, I am very happy with both results and , hopefully, Fran is going to
like them as well...
 ♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

13 comments:

jimlynn said...

WOW! BOTH of these are GORGEOUS!
Lynn

Trina said...

These are both beautiful!;,,;,,,,,

Fabipasticcio said...

Adorabili entrambi carissima! sei davvero un'artista con i fiocchi, mi piacciono le tue creazioni. Un abbraccio grandissimo e speriamo di sentirci♥♥♥

:: BlueInks :: said...

So pretty, these cards are!

The first has amazing detail in the embossing. You captured it perfectly in the angled picture.

The second card's background DP is worth stealing! Love it!

Great job!

April said...

Beautiful!

Girl, you certainly have two home runs with these! I love the first card, but adore, ADORE the second for the blue and green you added!


Makes me think that a trip to my fav Asian restaurant is due!

Darlene said...

WOW!!!!
These are realy knockouts, Paola!
I'm especially loving the one with the bird (go figure, right?)
LOL
These are amazing & Fran will love them!
Think I'll put in a request for the bird card in my return!

paige said...

Two beautiful cards! I don't have a favorite - love them both!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Sweet P, your Asian cards are fabulous!!! I love your style. (I am not good at the Asian look, so I really admire you and your mastery of this style!)

Marilyn said...

Wowsa, these are really nice! All are pretty but I love the first one... fabulous design and layout.

Carol W said...

Holy Hanna girlfriend. both cards are amazing...so stunning and so different....beautifully done..it would definitely be a difficult choice to pick just one...

Jennipher said...

Wow, these are both gorgeous! I'm in awe of the first one.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Jeepers- these are absolutely gorgeous....I know what I am CASE'ing when it is your turn for the SCS blog group! Wahoo- I have these stamps too- and am delighted you added the deets!

Barb said...

So so pretty Paola--you sure did an awesome job with this round of images!