Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

* Ruby *


The challenge for the Stamping Addict group this month - the new group I recently joined on Splitcoast Stampers - is to case  one card from Marilyn's  blog.
Wow....where to start??? Take a look at her awesome blog...so well made and full of wonderful paper art creation! Check out how utterly incredible her coloring is
...she's so multitalented! When I grow up I wanna color just like her ! ♥

For my case I chose this beautiful card of hers :
 http://onestampingfool.blogspot.ca/2011/12/ruby.html

I {{{{{{ heart }}}}}} Mo Manning stamps! I am a sucker for any and all of Mo Mannings images, and it so happen that I had a brand new Ruby rubbah just waiting to be inked for the first time...so the choice was easier to make than I thought......
*wink & smile*

I stamped my sentiment on the inside of my card, still leaving plenty of room for
some personal writing .  (this card measures 5.5 x 5.5)
                                          ♥ Gotta love Dr. Seuss! ♥

I kept the image as well as the layout ,in a monochromatic tone , using mainly brown and shades of pink

I hope you all  friendly peeps like my interpretation of one of Marilyn original beauty.
I sure had fun creating this Ruby card!
This lil girl immie reminds me a LOT of my youngest grandaughter who LOVESSS to wear any kind of fun and funky  jewellery ,
including my own , everytime she sees me
♥  I'll save this card for her next visit...

♥ Have a blessed Sunday evening my stamping Friends ♥


Card Deets:
Stamp: Ruby -by Mo Manning
Ink: Archival Onix Black ; Archival Vintage Sepia ; SU markers
Other: Deluxe Natural Chalks
C/S : Chocolate Brown textured
D/P : Specialty Pack by Making Memories ; SU
Accessories: Oval Nesties , Sizzix , seld adhesive candy dots (brown & raspberry) ,
liquid pearls , stickles , dimentionals , hair spray

11 comments:

jimlynn said...

Oh I LOVE it - all the way down to her pretty little "pearls"! So precious and love all the pink and that flourish too! Great job and a beautiful card!
Lynn

:: BlueInks :: said...

So, so cute! You colored Ruby so well. I love the layout and the colors and textures. Great card, Ms P!

Darlene said...

This is a WONDERFUL CASE!! Love her to death! The fun jewelry, hat, purse, shoes... so darling! The layout is super and the colors go together so well. The Dr. Suess inside is a nice surprise!

Gina Lindsay said...

Adorable card! I just got this image myself. Love your card!

paige said...

Wonderful card! Love all of the details and the image is so adorable! Marilyn will be tickled pink!!

Margaret said...

Fabulous job on the CASE. The image is so adorable and your coloring skills are fabulous. Love the liquid pearls for her necklace.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card! I love pink first off....but this image is darling- love your coloring and love the pearls you added! And, love your cute layout too!

Marilyn said...

Ahhhh... isn't she the cutest! They always say imitation is the greatest form of flattery and it's true. I love what you've done here - wonderful colouring and layout and those pearls and sparkles are perfect!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a sweet card! Those swirls are amazing!

Retro Dolly said...

This is such an adorable girly-girl card! Love the bling!

Carol W said...

HOLY HANNA girlfriend...this is amazing and your coloring...Wow...I'm speechless...how in tar nation did you get all this depth and definition with SU markers...(you need to give me some lessons on coloring)...for real...I love love love what you had done with Ruby...way to go..."thumbs up"...great job.