Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2011

November Dueling Darlings



Hello my friendly peeps...Guess what??
On the 15th of each month, the usual 'blog-get-together'
of the triple *D*'s (Dueling Darling Dazzlers/ Divas) showcase their wonderful creativeness
See link below for details, if you are a new follower and have no idea what I am talking about...

Well, here's my card,  of course we all know it's past the 15th...ya see...living in Canada has its plus and minus benefits...the 'minus' is the distance which means waiting for the mailman to deliver the monthly kit always AFTER everyone elses has already posted theirs...BUT..the 'plus' is to see firsthand what everyone did before me, thus also seeing the revealing of the kit before I even receive mine...*wink* ...Gotta love that eh!? LOL 

On to the duel: the Darlings' hostess this month is my friend Jeanette, aka 'Forest Ranger', as she's lovingly known amongst the stampers group.
Jeanette and Kelly (the DIVA's leader) came up with a wonderfully FUNNY theme for this month ,precisely 'WHAT NOT TO WEAR' ,based on the popular TV series...

Jeanette sent us (the Dazzlers) a funky kit full of veryyy diverse and mismatch items...the challenge was also to try to use all, or almost all, to create our cards.
The kit was soooo full and fabulously 'wild and wacky' ....so wished I took pictures before using it!
This is what Jeanette's said about her 'very diverse' kit : 
"...I hunted for wild papers, mismatched embellishments, and a humorous image. I think I succeeded in sending the Dazzlers a "classy" (NOT!), elegant (NOT!), outlandish (DEFINITELY!) kit with which to create. Tee Hee!..."....That's pretty well sums it up my friends...LOL

This is the inside of my card...I cut out a whole bunch of strips from the wild d/p collection received. At first I wanted to line everything up quite precisely then I thought to purposedly mis-align the strips to obtain a more interesting wacky design, and used a dark brown marker to draw lines in between each  strip,making the whole backgroung  pop.  The centered sentiment was punched out from one of the d/p. The 'remember' ribbon was strategically placed on each side with the addition of the vintage key, floss and smallest button.


I loveee this fun (and funny) image and its humorous sentiment...I thought it would look 'complete' amongst the chocolate chips d/p. The punched out hearts seem quite appropriate since I absolutly LUV chocolate (the darker the better!!) The image was colored with SU markers and a bit of stickles were applied on both the hat's flower and the neckalce. The nestled ensamble was  gently sponged with Certainly Celery ink.


This month challenge was truly a HOOT!.....
Fun ,Funky, Wild, Wacky! Thanks Jeanette & Kelly!
In two words....DEFINETLY DIFFERENT than what most
of us are accostumed doing....but ya know s'thing??
I think it turned out cute....in spite of all the odds :o)

Please let me know what YOU REALLY think, Ok?
Ya know I like to read YOUR comments....*wink*

***btw IF you are looking for the Mystery swap card, please check previous post...Prescott is waiting....LOL...thank you &
C'Ya real soonnnnnnnnnnn!:o)



Kit Contents:
Image: American Art Stamp Body By Designer Papers: Colorbok Beautiful Music; Paper Company Double Sided Mulberry; Paper Pizazz Yummy Chocolate Chips; and Paper Studio Girly Graffiti, Hibiscus Flowers, Multi Colored Bursts, Watercolor Floral and Watercolored Balloons
Embellishments: Eyelet Outlet Brads, Heidi Swap Anywhere Stickers, Karen Foster Designs Scrapper's Floss, Making Memories Ribbon Words, Simplicity Buttons, and a vintage key.







9 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Paola........... your card is SUPERB!!! I love love love everything about it! And the inside. WOWzer!!! You really outdid yourself with the many strips of paper adhered so funky and fun! I'm proud of you for using the key, too!

THANK YOU for being so fashionable with this month's duel!!!

April said...

Great job! I love the tea bag fold - like interior. Fabby job as always on the 'special' kit!

Darlene said...

Sweet P, you totally ROCKED this kit! I love your coloring and the inside treatment is BRILLIANT! I always learn so much from your creations! TFS & Big Hugs!

MiamiKel said...

Gah ....... did you hear that SQUEAL all the way from Miami!! I just did a little happy dance right here at the table - oh my word, this is ever a vision! It must have taken for EVAH to make all those strips, how creative, ingenious, fantabulous, MAHVALEOUS!! YOU GO GIRL!! A show stopper for sure, you worked this kit, back around and then some! Splendid post my friend - just like you are! x0x0

Terry Ladwig said...

I love what you did both outside and inside!! Great card and you showed that a whole bunch of miss matched stuff can create something awesome!!!

I love it ♥♥♥♥♥

Judy McMullen said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! What an fantastic card, Sweet P! You really rocked this challenge. You may be late but it's great...both inside and out!!
Love all the beautiful, unique layers and layout. Terrific use of all the elements of the kit. You rock, girlfriend!!!

Carol W said...

Holy Hannah girlfriend you outdid yourself on this one...wow, wow, wow...my jaw is still laying on the floor...those awesome strips layered in a pattern on the inside...again...wow..I love how you colored your image...and the layout is perfect...look at you....you used your key as well....GREAT JOB!!! (but then I knew you would have a great card...). Well done my friend...♥♥♥

dweatter said...

Way to go on your cards Sweet P!! Love the layout of the first one putting the image in the circle and using the sticker underneath. I so wanted to use my sticker but couldn't make it work. Love the loudness of the second card and are those strips of paper? How clever. Both are great.

Janet said...

Oh WOW!! Paola, your card is SO neat!! I love how you did the entire card, but I especially love the inside! Those strips of paper - it is such a neat pattern!!