Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

Gold and festive


This card was created for Barb's WS and Penny Black's swap.

The image of this festive Christmas ornament ball and the sentiment are from Penny Black's
clear acrylic set : 'Banner of Joy'

Absolutly love this PB set I recently purchased for just a few dollars at a Stamping Garage sale at my favorite craft store 'Paper Nation'.


Here are some details of my new favorite CB folder 'Flourish' ,from Sizzix
I never used gold foil before (and probably can't afford to use it too often either)
but oh myyyy...I DO like embossing with it for sure!
The end results look so rich and elegant...at least to me it does :o)



This is a close up of the gold embossed ornament...in these picture the color looks more like a
deep rose'...but in reality is a deep red....
it is nestled atop a black punched out circle which in turn was positioned atop a gold circle.
Golden  thread finishes up the festive look...
I left the inside pretty simple with  double  circles (I used two nesties and a golden pen to trace them) encasing a festive embossed sentiment .


I hope my friend Barb likes these cards...
Stay tuned, I also have a Whipper Snapper card to upload...*wink*

Please let me know what YOU think... also...
what else can you do with foil?? Please share! :o)

Blessings to all!


Tecnique: wet embossing, dry embossing, detailed cutting.






8 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness! What a stunning card! Love it!!!

MiamiKel said...

THUD!! That was my jaw just dropping on the floor! This is positively stunning in every way! What a creative and gorgeous card - love all the texture and detail and truly marveled how you captured the essence of the holiday and the photography to capture the colors just right! WOW!

Imke said...

Paola, this is soooo beautiful and elegant !!! I absolutely like the colors. Gold and purple looks great together. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Hugs to you !!

April said...

Hmmmmm.....makes me think I need to try this foil technique. Your card is drop-dead gorgeous!!

This is exactly why I stop by ~ to be inspired!! WOOT WOOT

Barb said...

WOW--can't to see this stunning card in person!

~Kathy said...

LOVE this card!
Wanted to let you know I finally got box mailed this afternoon... hit one of my favorite discount stores (Big Lots) on the way to PO... picked up a couple more items to slip into the box.... ; )
hope you're feeling better today girlfriend...; )

Darlene said...

Well, Barb will LOVE this card, but I hope that you kept one for you to proudly display at your home, 'cuz it's stunning! I like how you traced your Nesties on this and the other card to highlight the stamped sentiment. Great technique! You're right, the gold foil paper is amazing when embossed. Great job.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card.
The colours are fantastic.
Angela
angelairvine30@yahoo.com