Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

S'Hood swap: Favorite Colors




Well well well...first post of 2011!! :o)       Hello my wonderful followers, here's
what I created for the 'Sisterhood of the Traveling Cards' last swap of last month of last year~~~
In fact, for the month of December our hostess Donna (cricutqueen)challenged us to play with colors~ we were encouraged to use color splash (aka using same hues of one color) or making our cards implementing our favorites color or colors combinations.
I decided on the latter.
My favorite color choices (besides the never ending very elegant white/black color combo) is to use green and burgundy together....not just any green...for example I really don't care much for very dark green card stock but prefer instead, a softer middle tone such as Old Olive from SU! ...and as far as red color the darker the better for me like burgundy, cranberry, any deep red,rich wine colors will do!

My card layout came from partly casing this
wonderful Christmas twin treed card received from a dear friend from Ontario,Canada. (thanks Karen!) :o)
I really, really like the pristine clean cut look to it.
Although this one is based on a monochromatic hue
I chose to create mine with two main colors in mind ,earthy and warm tones. Made a few minor
changes between cards as I couldn't settle which
final look I liked better...lol

Hopefully the sistahs on the receiving end of these,
will be happy with my results...
whichever they may receive :o)

Thanks for visting...and remember ...
I DO look forward to read your comments.......*muwahhh*
~Paola~





Card Deets:

Stamp: 'Fifth Avenue Floral' & 'Warm Words'
Ink: Versamark , Cranberry Crisp,
         Burgundy Embossing powder, Deluxe Color Chalks
Card Stock: Old Olive, Burgundy, White
Designer Paper: Bella Rose
Accessories: Curly Label punch, self adhesive pearls,
                     Burgundy grosgrain 5/8" ribbon,
                    'Pearl' glimmer mist by Tattered Angel,
Tecnique: Wet embossing, Chalking,
                  Precision cutting , Layering

7 comments:

Imke said...

Hi Paola, your cards are awesome. I LOVE the DP from the first and the big rose with the pearl looks so beautiful.
The christmas trees are also brilliant !!

MiamiKel said...

Holy swap, Sweet P! Now this is what I call go big or go home! LOL! GORGEOUS - Bella Rose is always a favorite here and it's just gorgeous, especially your swap cards - mine look so pitiful next to yours!! Beautiful done - and wow, a card from Kare - lucky girl! It's a beauty, too! Give her a nudge for us and tell her to pop into the s'hood :)~ Hugs! xoxo

Lorie said...

WOW!! There is a beautiful shimmer to this lovely card, Sweet P.! The Bella Rose paper is one of my all time favorites, and your color combo is one of my favs as well. Beautifully done, and there's probably a line for those in the hood wanting this masterpiece!

Love ya,
Lorie

:: BlueInks :: said...

Your cards are so very pretty! I love the inspiration card as well. Such crafty girls we have around here!!!!!

*Susan* said...

WOWZAH!! OH MY STARS, Temptress, these are GORGEOUS!! I love, love the color combo - old olive is my fav mid-green - and that DP is one of my all-time favs! Your shading and detail of the image leaves me speechless - it is stunning!! The soft glimmer mist and single pearl are perfect! There is NO doubt that the lucky Sistahs who receive one of these beauties will be thrilled! I can only hope that I'm one of them! Love ya, my friend! {{HUGS}}

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Another gorgeous Sweet P creation!! You really do put together the most beautiful cards, Paola. I love your color combination and the beautifully colored image!!! Awesome!!!!

Maria_G said...

Two beautiful cards, love the colour combinations also.
I've been trying to get motivated to get some craft/cards started, but have come to a halt after the marathon of making christmas cards.
Keep up the good work.