Search This Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Black and White Special 40th Celebration

* Someone pinch me plllllleeezzzz!...Yesterday, my daughter, my firstborn, turned the BIG 4-0!! *
                       I can't believe how FAST time does truly fly!! ..yikesss....
One minute she was a lil wailing baby in my arms and next thing I know she is FORTY!! *gulp*
We,as a family,came together to celebrate her special birhday this Sunday afternoon for coffee and chocolate truffle cake at her house...yummsss.... :o)

*Each picture can be enlarged by clikking on it*


Well, Sabrina celebrated the beginning of her new decade together with her best friends last night...
a group of  fun,crazy gals who take turn for each of their important decade to 'kidnap' each others...
(not sure how much my daughter truly remembers of  her celebratory evening, but for sure I know it must have been quite a hoot! Apparently, she came back  home sporting a pirate hat...compliment of  a total stranger, LOL,thank goodness that my handsome son-in-law thought the whole thing quite funny...oh yeahh,..and I already have dibs on that hat ...perfect for putting it to good use for in school Halloween party!*wink*)

And now onto the card I made for her...I stayed purposedly away from fun,comical 'rite-of-passage' kind
of card, as I knew she would probably receive LOTS of them from her girlfriends...so I decided to make
a classic black and white one, with a hint of glitter....
*who doesn't like glitter eh?* :o)

Here it is...I really liked the way it turned out: simply elegant and classy...that's the look I was achieving to gain. Do YOU galZ think she  liked it?? :o)


*card front...too bad it doesn't show the glittery sentiment*





*fancy bow and number brads close up*


*inside of her card,smudges and all...yikessss
and no time to make a second one...*

Black & White Card Deets:
5.5 square card base (SU c/s,black)
white c/s, handmade designer paper black and silver
Ink: Archival Onix Black
Stamps: -Well Scripted, Element od Style,Wonderful Words-
Accessories: Nesties, sheer white ribbon,Big Metal Black Brads,
Kaiser's Craft Pearls,White Embossing Powder,Iridescent Ice Powder,
Glitter,Glue pen, Glue dots,Sizzix (curls), Embossing Folder (Victoria)




7 comments:

April said...

A beautiful card ~ if you hadn't said they were smudges, I would have thought that was how it was supposed to be!! Never give away little oopsies.
Happy Birthday to your DD!!

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday to Sabrina! Lovely card Paola :) I know what you mean...where do the years go! When my daughter turned 40, I thought---hey, wait a minute, I was just 40,lol

Dida said...

Tanti, tantissimi auguri a tua figlia. Che bei nipoti che hai, come sono diventati grandi. Complimenti a te per la card, molto bella, ma si sa, tu sei proprio brava!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Happy Birthday, Sabrina! Pretty card, Ms P!

MiamiKel said...

Happy 4oth, Sabrina! What a joyous day she must have had and a superb mama to cheer her on! Her card is so striking - just as beautiful as she is - I can tell you put so much love into making her card - love it! Blessings! x0x0

T.. said...

Very cute! ne voglio poi uno per me per i miei prossimi cinquanta!! è bellissimo!!
Sabrina sei fortunata ad avere una mamma così (mica sono di parte io!.-))
Bye!!

Imke said...

Hello Paola, beautiful Card. I like the swirls and the BIG 40 !! Happy Birthday to Sabrina !!