Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

YOU CAN DO IT Challenge 5


 Last week was challenge # 5 for the new YOU CAN DO IT CHALLENGE on SCS, where each Monday  anew challenge is presented by one of the partecipants playing hostess for a week.

For this challenge we were encouraged to create cards using a quilting pattern...
well I was going to case a great quilted card I saw in Frenchie's blog,,,but then my pattern
took a turn all on its own and I let it ride...lol...and this is the result...
Bear in mind that I made this past the eleventh hr!! I should really only work when there is natural light around....my poor old eyes are not like they used to be...eheheh


For this 5.5 square card I used all SU card stock,
light blue rick rack (SU) , sentiment from SU, and two felt butterflies from the dollar store.
Designer paper was part of remnant from a beautiful gift from a dear friend. It is all cut out in 1"square. I haven't finished the inside...will do that once I decide whom to send this to...♥

This will also be part of my 100 cards in 100 days challenge which encourages us to use what we have and somewhat neglected...

THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT!
   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

4 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

What a great card and how to use DP. It would also be a great way to use up DP scraps. I like how you created such a pretty card.

Darlene said...

What a pretty, pretty quilted card! Looks like it took a while, but it sure was worth the effort! I love the bright colors against that pale blue rick rack. It's all simply wonderful!

kadie said...

oooooooooh, BEAUTIFUL!!! This is gorgeous and looks so much like a real life quilt!! I want to wrap myself up in it, have a cuppa tea and watch a movie!

Imke said...

It´s lovely !