Search This Blog

Friday, June 8, 2012

Con~GRAD~ulations Chickee!


Hello my dear friends in blogland!
Today I'm submitting a graduation card I created last night for one of my students'
sister who just graduated from high school -in fact she had her Commencement last night as I was creating....lol... talk about perfect timing...:o)


For this cute chick card I used a Whipper Snapper stamp I had for  a while and
finally got it inked. It is aptly called 'Chick with Brain' -MY822-
I totally love this adorable image and so easy to color as well....

I chose to use  layers of yellow card stock for this card as I saw Emma's gorgeous dress on her Mom's FB page and she had striking yellow accessories too ie: yellow purse, flower wristlet etc...      I think this color goes very well with the gray and black combo too.       (I forgot my camera at work yesterday, so I had to take these pictures at school this morning, just before handing over this card to Emma's Mom when she dropped  off her younger daughter ....thus my writing was already on the inside part of the card...*sigh*....)



also whipped up a quick envelope for it, use some sizzlits for the newly graduate's name and shaped up an oval with my beloved spellbinders...et voila'...a quick personalized envie to go w/a cutie patootie feathery chick... :o)

 
I hope Emma liked receiving this one of  a kind chick!!

Wishing you all a great weekend full of wonderful surprises!
Thnaks for visiting, I sure appreciate your valuable comments too! 

Card Deets:
Stamp : Whipper Snapper / Spring Pictogram (SU)
Ink: Archival Onix Black ; SU markers
Card Stock : Ging Gray, Summer Sun
Designer Paper: Class Act Phrases, TPC Studio -Class of 2012
Accessories: Spellbinders-Labels Three; Swiss Dots E/F , Alphabet Sizzlets ,
MS border punch, dimentionals, Crystal effect, yellow gingham ribbon
Tecnique: distressing 





5 comments:

jimlynn said...

I'm SURE she liked it Paola because it's so adorable!! Love the image and sentiment and of course that backing paper too! Fabulous card!
Lynn

Barb said...

Very cute card Paola--love the colors you used!

Laura said...

Super cute image,Im sure Emma Loved it. TFS

April said...

Great colors and I love this chick stamp!!

Marilyn said...

Paola, this is such a great card for so many reasons... first of all because you've personalized it but I love that image and sentiment... and who wouldn't love to be acknowledged as being smart! Great one, love it!