Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January Mystery Revealed


Hello Friends ♥
Today is the day when we can finally reveal the 'Mystery Image' for our swap on SCS
(Split Coast Stampers). This is so much fun to do with a great group of partecipants...
We take turns to host and to send  some 'mystery' images to all the gals in the group and every other month we showcase our work through our blogs. All of this was possible through  Jeanette's clever idea and for starting this group...♥

The fabulous hostess for this round was Darlene; she sent us absolutly GORGEOUS
images depicting some of the work from artist D.Morgan: http://www.dmorganart.com/
I must admit that I was hoping Darlene would send some iages from her extensive D/Morgan's stamps collection and was thrilled to receive them...but once I started to work on them I became a bit apprehensive and unsure on how to approach this new challenge without diminishing such great gifted image. Hopefully Darlene will like
my own interpretation of such wonderful artist's drawing....

The first challenge, for me, was to try color all the hills the same..then I gave up as I wanted to be more creative and 'free' to pursue different coloring angles, thus most of my images have a slightly different color approach from one another....quite frankly I was thinking of the beautiful Tuscan hills as I was coloring....


I decided to cut out the sentiments and repositioning them according to my creative 'vision' of the moment....I sponged them individually to give them some dimensions and add a touch of popping color as well.....the bottom end of the kitties was cut out too to make the whole scene a tad 3-D. (I also wanted to brush the kittens w/ Crystal Effect but unfortunatly I couldn't find it anywhere when I needed it!! arghhhh!!) :/


Since my goal was to make my card look like a picture,I used rectangular nesties to
aid me in that intent both on the front and on the inside as well...

In these two photos  you can see the card front opening better....


The card front was embellished with a blue flower on which I used a Sakura Gelly Roll and added a bright green button w/orange thread. The beautiful nestied tag ,with the first part of the original sentiment completes the 'look'.


That's it folks!!  I hope you like the end result as much as I do...
 Darlene, hopefully you don't mind too much that my interpreation of your beautiful images included cutting up the sentiments three ways....
Thank you for such opportunity to color my first  ever D.Morgan's incredible images.

♥   Hugs and Blessings to All  ♥


13 comments:

Melina said...

Ooooooo! I love, love your window card! Great way to showcase this darling image :)

Gael said...

Very pretty! I really like your take on this image - I found it to be rather challenging.

:: BlueInks :: said...

Look at you, Miss Layer! Wow! What a pretty card and such great ideas. Textures galore!!! I also really like the Nestie you used under the sentiment.

Great job, my friend.

Barb said...

Oh My--how creative you are! I love how you added the "frame" for the image and the hills look perfect!

Great Job and I am so glad you are a part of this wonderful group of ladies!

Darlene said...

Let me assure everyone, these are stunning in real life!
Paola, your flair shows in everything you make, and this is no exception!! Thank you for showing me new ways to interpret this image! Luv You!

April said...

I am loving your take on this! You are just so darn creative! I could hate you, but I love you too much for that!! ;-)

BLJ Graves Studio said...

That is a beautiful image and you did a fabulous job with it. Love it!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Paola... this is amazing! I love the way you put the image inside the card and provided an opening so we could see it on the front, too. AWESOME!!!

Michelle (aka Meechelle) said...

Your card is amazing! How fun to use mystery images!

Rhonda Langley said...

Love the window card! Nicely colored image!

Carol W said...

Wow, wow, wow...outstanding job on this card...This is absolutely STUNNING!!! jaw dropping beautiful....You nailed this one for sure...Well done my sweet friend, well done...

*Susan* said...

Hello Temptress!♥ OH MY STARS, this is awesome! At first, I thought you put your gorgeous image in a beautifully altered frame! BUT then you revealed the delightful surprise of the wonderful inside of the card! I am sure everyone lucky enough to receive this was thrilled! :-D

paige said...

Oh, yes, I'm glad I came to check out this awesome card too! Love this idea!