Search This Blog

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sweet Angel Of Mine~


   ♥ Hello Everyone!
Wow...I feel almost disoriented in my own blog...it was soooo long since I was able to log on! :(
Almost three months and , in fact , I was ready to throw in the towel for good!! 
I don't think I can ever catch up with all the cards waiting to be uploaded...but at least I can start with the last one I made for the Dueling Darlings group.♥ My first upload of the new year!
I LOVEEE the theme that the Darlings' hostess (Melina ) together with the Divas' hostess (Carol)
came up with this month. I am a true believe that angels surround us and guide us....it makes me feel so at peace when I think of these wonderful and ethereal entities....
Speaking of Angels...I was smiling from ear to ear while creating my card and thinking of our family own personal angel (I am sure we each have more than one, but Alexander is my most beloved one , and always will be...(no offense to all other angels out there in the firmament!) :) ♥

Most of you that know me, are aware that my (our) first grandchild was called to God's Garden at only two days of age...traumatic time for all of us but also grateful for his brief life, and  for the hearts he touched in such short span. I do talk to him often...even when I was making this card he was the object of my silent messages and my smiles....that brings me happiness and interior serenity .
A yearly ritual for my hubby and I when we do our Christmas tree, is to put a very special angel on the tree first, before anything else. We bought it the year that our lil granbaby passed away , in 1991.  This year I explained the importance of our *Alexander's Angel's* to my grandaughters for the first time. He guided my words to them from above.That sweet angel of mine will forever live in my heart♥















                          Above: Close up of  *Alexander's Angel*

Back to my card:
 My card measures 5/ 2.5 x 5/ 2.5 the lil envelope is ment to contain lil messages, short inspiring quotes, which I have yet to do. The 3 hearts represent the Holy Trinity, with angel(s) amongst them. This card will be given to a wonderful lil earthly angel (Tay) whom I never met (yet!) ...she's truly a lil hero in my eyes....always smiling ...always positive no matter what or how many surgeries and complications she had recently....she can't speak, yet her eyes are truly the mirrors of her gentle soul...they do sparkle!
She's a true inspiration in spite of her life's huge adversities....My intention is to put together a
'smile' package for Tay and to send it anonimously to her. I know her Mom, a lady of strengh and
courage ,who adopted Tay at a very young age.We need more people like her (and her hubby) in this world to assure less fortunate children a life full of dignity and love.



♥ Thank you Melina for such great kit ♥

Kit contents:   
Image: C.C. Designs Peace on Earthteal papers from Recollections 
textured flower paper from DCWV
an acetate sheet from Crafter's Companion
white paper bag from the Scrapbooking with M.E. Boutique   
buttons from MFT , Dewdrops from the Robin's Nest ,fabric flower from Wal-Mart ,and baker's twine from Maya Road.

God Bless each of you, and THANK YOU 'dueling angels' for being so patient with me! ♥
Monday's Angel looks down from above,
Tuesday's Angel will wrap you in Love,
Wednesday's Angel is healing and caring,
Thursday's Angel shares the load you are bearing,
Friday's Angel will shoulder your woes,
Saturday's Angel will lift you, when low,
Sunday's Angel will send you affection,
and steer you and point you in your Life's direction.
All of your Angel's are protective and giving
 you the reason to cherish the life you are living. 
Whenever you need them, Whatever the day,
 your Angels will be there to show you the way.


7 comments:

Darlene said...

Welcome back Sweet P!!! LOVE this card! The 3 hearts are fantastic and the way you used the little bag is great! You did a great job with Melina's wonderful kit.

You are an angel to me!
Peace.

Melina said...

I will say it again! Your card is so pretty and it is ingenious how you used the hearts and bag! Wow! I love it.
I also love that you shared your Angel experience with us. I am sobbing right now, but it is tears of joy knowing how you honor your grandchild this way. :)
Love and Hugs Sweet P!

dweatter said...

Look at this beaut! I love the layout you chose and all the added hearts. Your creations are always so fantastic.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Paola - love the card and the reason you have chosen to give it to Tay. Thank you too for sharing your family story.
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

YAY she's back and in an awesome way..Great card. I love everything about it. So glad to have you back my sweet friend.....mwahhhh ♥♥♥

:: BlueInks :: said...

I am so happy to see your post! I hope that your blogging continues to work for you.

Again, this is the cutest little card! I really like how you created her dress. Super ideas. The hearts are just perfect.

Barb said...

YAY for a blog post from Paola! Glad to see you back in blogland...... This is such a stunning card--but the story behind it is so incredible and heart warming. So glad you are a Dueling Darling!