Search This Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2014

~ Calendar Girls Quirky Holidays ~


   Here we are again for another new round from the Calendar Girls group. 
This is our first challenge of 2014 and to start us off in style, our leader
Jeanette , aka Forest Ranger, proposed the following - Here's in her own words :

" If you’ve ever been any of the swap threads that I participate in, you know that I like holidays, normal ones, weird one, funny ones.
EVERY day is worth a celebration. So, for this month’s Calendar Girl challenge, I want you to select a holiday that is CLOSE TO
your own birthday and make a card for that holiday. If you need help finding holidays, check out
 this wonderful site
Now please don’t feel like you HAVE to make a card that is for that holiday… just one that is inspired by that holiday. "

For my birthdate , in November, I found the following three choices:
 *Computer Security Day: 30
*National Meth Awareness Day: 30
*Stay Home Because You're Well Day: 30
 I chose  *Stay at Home Because You're well Day* :o)

The possibilities for creating for THIS particular fun holiday are endless!
After seriously considering at least half dozen stamps
(mostly haven't seen ink yet!) I chose this cutey patootey
one, that was gifted to me YEARS ago and finally got inked
for this challenge. I thought it was just perfect for my card
since I enjoy relaxing on my comfy couch when I can (how funny that 
my couch in our family room is shaped exactly as this one in the image lol :o) 
Of course ,I LOVEEEE chocolate too,the dark kind, although I'm trying  reallyyyyy realllllyyyyy hard to behave lately.....

 Here's  Chocolate Riley...taking it veryyyy easy indeed... 
If I could stay off work 'just because I'm well' you'd probably
find me on the couch, with my special 'love blankie' on, as well as a treasured book...♥
Thanks for the GREAT challenge Jeanette, I always enjoy reading about
such funky and quirky holidays celebrations! ♥
 ~ Blessings to all of you, thank you for stopping by! ~






6 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

This is such a bright and vivid card! I sure wish that I was on the couch eating chocolates! ;) Great job.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Sweet P, your card is colorful and fun. Indeed, what a happy day! Love that little Riley image you used!

I'm glad you're a Calendar Girl! THANK YOU for doing such a fabulous job with my challenge!

Barb said...

What a perfect holiday to celebrate! Great image to use too and wonderful colors!

dweatter said...

What a perfect holiday. And Riley looks very comfy and enjoying the day. Great card Sweet P.

MiamiKel said...

What a fun card, perfect with Riley in the showcase!! What a funny guy he is and the card layout and design are just perfect! Way to go on staying away from the chocolates! :)

Happy day and thanks for being a Calendar Girl! <3

kiwimeskreations said...

Cute card Paola - love that couch too!
Blessings
Maxine