Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Neglected Stamps...

Our wonderful SOTC leader Kadie, suggested -a while back- to have an exchange of
uninked stamps amongst us sistahs and show those long neglected stamps some luve...
The idea took off with a bang, we were then paired off and I received the above adorable stamps from Maryann (mastuff) while I sent off some of my too many
neglected stamps to April (Aprilo) for some inking fun of her own.

I got to tell ya...INCHIES are not my forteee!...LOL....In fact I had no creative idea how to incorporate them on a card...but I am stubborn enough to persevere once I'm on a
'mission'...lol...Decided to start off with a red on white combo,followed with a black background base...
There's glitter as well but the pict doesn't show it...darn! :/

I kept the inside of the card fairly simple, with plenty of room to add another sentiment
of choice....

Well....started to get on a roll, so I  decided to make a second card with so many choices of inchies left, and here belows is the result...

I was determined to do a better, more creative job of it. I also chose to 'panel'
the card (size 5x5.5") with six different lovely flowered images stamped on white c/s and mounted on red bazzil squares placed -with dimentionals- on a 'bed' of  double sided designer paper background, ending with red bazzil c/s as the base.


A large cuttle bugged and die cut butterfly was added on ,as well as organdy black ribbon , for some balance and dimensions...Glitter galore too, pearls, and just a touch
of red stickles was added to the inchies for that pop of color....

On the inside, the set's three sentiments were strategically stamped around the outside edges, leaving the centre of the card free to add more options...
All in all a total of FIFTEEN lil images and sentiments were used (out of twenty three!) to create both cards....I hope Maryann likes the final products she'll be receiving soon....
It sure was another FUN challenge and hopefully we'll get to do another inking exchange soon! :o)
Please let me know what your thoughts are in regards of these 'inchy cards' :o)
♥ Thank YOU friends... sending many Blessings  your way ♥

7 comments:

April said...

Wow!! Very nice cards! You did good! Okay, I must be grammatically correct... You did well!!

I love the look of them both.

Funny story, I am not afraid I'd inchies, but rather cutting them out straight. I used to wonder why peeps bought square punches.....this is why!

Judy McMullen said...

Gorgeous cards, Sweet P! I happen to have some of these same images that have never seen ink. Your creations are inspiring me to put them to use! I, too, have difficulty putting the mini images to use. Your layout is a perfect way to use these small images!

T.. said...

WOW!! che belli!!!
Bravaaaa!!

kadie said...

I love that black, red and white combo!! It's so striking and you did a fantastic job! I would have never guessed you were stumped for mojo, because these are both awesome layouts!! Beautiful work, Sweet P!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card. :0)

Michelle (aka Meechelle) said...

Beautiful cards! Love the way you have decoreated the insides.

Samantha said...

I adore the 2nd card really has an asian feel to me, I think you are more of an inchie girl than you think.