Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ladybugs and Butterflies



Hello everyone,
I am finally uploading some of the cards made recently.
My stamping friend Taryn (SCS: littledadybug3)
was recently hosting a ladubug/btterfly/dragonfly swap (s).
I took two spots in ladybugs and butterflies cards and here are the results:


For my butterfly cards I used a new (to me) tecnique- thanks to the link
my friend Kathy sent me via e-mail....(she does ENABLES me a LOT with the many
beautiful cards she pins....and now she's got ME hooked on pinning too!!
Kathy is ALL your fault...lol) I DO love this tecnique but I did tweeked it
a wee bit: instead of using sponges I dusted off my brayer and it worked just fine :o)
See the original 'Double Sponging Tecnique' tutorial here:

                 http://cardz.wordpress.com/2012/05/18/double-sponging-tutorial/

I absolutly LOVE the results obtained with this fun to do tecnique...
thanks so much for sharing that link Kathy ♥

For this card I used:Stamping Up Night of Navy c/s ,and organdy ribbon,
glitter dust, 'jewels' , MS border punch, clear embossing powder,brayer,lime green c/s (from Michaels).
Inks: Night of Navy,So Saffron,Bashful Blue, Gren Galore,Old Olive.
Stamps: Florentine Scroll Background (from Hero Arts)
Large butterfly is from clear set from Inkadinkado
Sentiment ( embossed inside) says:
 'Thank you for touching my life with your caring"
Tecnique: wet embossing, brayering



And here's my other cards...
more simplistic yet fun and colorful on its own merit...
The added cut out white die on the red c/s really makes it pop ♥


                                                          
  For my ladybug cards I used a SU wheel, MS border punch, a bit of glitter ,
SU markers , real red c/s and yo yo yellow c/s ,
Memory box die (Fauntleroy Crest) and sentiment from Tailored Tins Paper Salon



Here you go folks...I hope Taryn's and her peeps like them....
Hubby is calling...dinner is ready....I am famished....lol

*CIAO FOR NOW and GOD'S BLESS!*





10 comments:

jimlynn said...

WOW!!! P, these are beautiful! Love that butterflies and the way you used the brayer on them. They just pop off the page! So pretty.
The lady bug card are precious. Love the Memory Box die you used on there too.
Lynn

April said...

Great area, Sweet P!!

Love the look of that technique!!

Margaret said...

Wow! Your butterfly cards are gorgeous! What a neat technique. Love the pretty ladybug cards also. I like the CAS.

Melina said...

i love your layered stamping on the first cards and the line of ladybugs on the second are tooooo cute! Great projects Sweetie!!!! :)

kiwimeskreations said...

love those butterflies, and the ladybug cards are beautiful too - I am going to look at the link and learn how to double sponge!!.
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

Wow, wow, wow these cards are amazing...so well done...great job my sweet friend. Hope you are enjoying your get away...

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Lovely cards, Sweet P! Very artsy on the butterfly ones!

HappyCrafter said...

Ooh, love the ladybugs! And such a pretty design.

haness said...

Bellissimaaaaaa

haness said...

Bellissimaaaaaa