Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2012

*Hot Diggity Dog Dueling* ~~~July 2012~~~


Hello my dear friendly peeps....
I am finally able to post my Dueling Darlings' card -one day late-
Life has been full of bumps and curbs lately and then there is summer too -
with lots different activities ie: camping in the works as well....♥
Plus I am also partecipating in a wellness program four hours a day -everyday-
to help with my back problems. It is slow and sometimes painful even to do
stretching but it does help! I just need to grin and bear it and, hopefully,
 it will get easier too.

And now, on to this month's dueling! ♥
Darlene was our awesome dueling hostess for us Dazzlers ,while Tami is the Diva's hostess. Together they came up with a FABULOUS theme involving a backyard BBQ.


Here is a listing of the contents of the AMAZING kit Darlene sent to us:
Image is from Art Impression's "Golden Oldies series, entitled BBQ
Couple (isn't it fun?!)
DP: Karen Foster Designs: Food & Family Collage; Ants on Parade;
Barbecue Bash
DP: Reminisce: Picnic Parade; Grill Master
Stickers: Reminisce: Backyard Bash
Other misc. embellishments are from her stash , no particular vendor.

♥ THANK YOU DARLENE!! YOU ROCK GIRL! ♥


I absolutly LOVED working with Darlene's VERY generous kit! ♥
I added some of her designer papers on two of the wooden oval tags she provided and hd them placed on topof each others with a cut out sentiment from some of the stickers she provided as well.The ketch up bottle from another piece of d/p was cut out and   popped up w/dimentionals on the card front while the cut out ant image was added ,flatly, on the inside of the card.
The twine included in the kit was added on the side of the card and the fun couple was
cut out and popped up on dimentionals too. Crystal effect was used on part of the image also. I wanted to showcase the large words from one of the b/ground d/p ,hence I used it boldly and sideways in here.
For the inside of the card I used two d/p combo and some of the many fabby stickers provided as well. I wanted the twine to show on the inside too, therefore I chose not
to cover it up...
The ONLY things I provided for this card was my SU real red card stock as my base and dimentionals.


Both Darlene and Tami also asked us to post a favorite barbecue recipe, or a salad or side dish recipe that is a hit with our family when getting together for summer's cookouts.  

Well, I am usually asked to bring an appetizers or my pasta salad...
(which varies each time...lol)
One of my best and quickest appetizer involves smoked salmon and is as follow:
*one piece of smoked salmon fillet
*spreadable Philadelphia cheese
*chopped fresh parsley
*capers
*Triscuit crackers (or any crackers of choice)
Spread each cracker w/ cheese, add a chunk of smoked salmon, add a few capers and chopped parsley to decorate.
***If you like sweet pickled onions, add those as well, halved.***
Easy peasy yet pleasing to both the eyes and palate ♥
(picture below is from one of last year camping trip)




Hope you like my interpreation for this paper duel and, if you get to try my easy appy
please do let me know how you liked it (or not!) :o)

♥ Blessings to you and a happy summer too....
thanks for visiting! ♥

         Paola

14 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Ms P, your card is so cute! I love the details and how you used the papers. I so wanna eat some of your yummy crackers right now!

kiwimeskreations said...

Paola you have really rocked this - love what you have done with the image, especially the Crystal Effects.
Blessings
Maxine

Melina said...

great shine to your card Ms. P! I love it. Wow, you go all out on your camping trips don't ya! :)

April said...

Loving your take on the kit! I adore smoked salmon and never seem to take it to pass.....hmmm, just might have to rectify that!

jimlynn said...

Inside and out, this is precious! Of course I love that image but really like all the different DP you used with it too.
Lyn

Barb said...

Very cute card Paola--I love all of the colors and as I have said to all of the other Dazzlers, that image just puts a smile on my face.

Your dish sounds divine!

Carol W said...

Holy cowbells Sweet P,....what a great card...love the crystal effects to highlight the immies and love your color scheme and layout...I think you have this coloring business down pat....great job on the coloring...wow, wow, wow...this card is amazing and the recipe sounds yummy as well...♥

Terry Ladwig said...

Love it...I really do! Everything about it ☺ Love the way you colored the image and cut them out. Love the layout both inside and out!!

Great work....worth the 1 day wait!!!

Darlene said...

Paola, you have completely knocked my socks off with this fun, fun card!!! How great is your layout?! LOVE what you did with the little wooden tags - wish that I'd thought of that!! Also love the shiny accents on the cute couple. Your inside layout, featuring the ant made me laugh with delight! I am so glad that you are part of this fun group!! Hugs my friend!

Margaret said...

Wowzers! What a fabulous card. The image is just sooooooooooooo cute! Love your coloring. The papers and layout are so perfect.

dweatter said...

Wow great card. Love how you stitched the bakers twine and covered the wooden ovals. The ant on the inside is great! Live the bright cheerfulness of your card.

paige said...

Your card just screams good times! What a delightful card you made! Your recipe sounds yummy too - TFS!

MiamiKel said...

Hot diggity fun, that's what this is! What a fun card, so full of color and wonderment! Love your amazing smorgasboard of food, too! x0x0

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fun- love this darling image- this is perfect for my hubby! Love the colors, the C.E. and love the yummy recipe posted too! Mmmmm