Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

SOTC~~~> Christmas In July

* Click on any pictures, if you wish to enlarge *
Today turned out to be quite an Unexpected paper crafting kind of day...
I ended up working on and completing two swaps, plus some extra cards to add ot my stash, for a total of
16 cards, finished inside-out. woot woott.. :o) Originally we had such different plans for today, but hubby was feeling poorly and Dr. ordered him to rest as much as possible ,so we postponed our plans to a better day...hopefully tomorrow.

First off  I worked on creating Christmas cards...YUP I did say CHRISTMAS !
I made these cards for this month's Sisterhood of the Traveling Cards, graciously hosted by Linda

~For this Month's theme  she required that we make Christmas cards and aptly named this month's swap
CHRISTMAS in JULY. We could use anything we wish on our cards as long as the result was christmasy...it was all up to us! Her only other stipulation was to have fun !!  :o)
THAT is sure easy to do when crafting! I feel I am in a world of my own when I create, time seems to fly and next thing I know I spent hours not realizing it....and not thinking of any kind of stress-related problems at all...I think it's God's way to make my mind rest as well...PTL! :o)

For these cards I chose a clear stamp set from Inkadinkado.I love the image of the Three Kings,
it means so much to me and makes me also reminisce about  how wonderfully celebrated The Epiphany is in my 'old' Country of origin...
The live Nativity scenes ,the perfumes of oranges
(yes they are related to the Epiphany in my culture),
the opening of the stockings (we do open them on January 6th!) and checking all the loot ,mainly consisting of candies ,including torrone (nougat)
The best time of course, is the fact that the Three King finally reach our Saviour and give Him homage and gifts fit for the King that HE truly is.



This is the sentiment I chose to ink
on the inside of the card,with a sweet
angel- messanger of God- announcing
the Saviour's birth.
I specifically chose not to add additional colors to these images; wanting,instead for them to portray less 'fuss' but more true meaning instead.
I hope I was able to convey that.




CARD DEETS:

Image & Sentiment:
'O Holy Night' by Inkadinkado
Card Stock:
Cherry Cobbler (SU)
Designer Paper : My Mind's Eyes
              >Christmas Glitter<
Inks:
Cranberry Crisp,Baja Breeze,
Close to Cocoa
Accessories:
Glitter, dimentionals,sticky dot buttons,




I hope Linda and my other creative and uber talented Sistahs ,as well as YOU
-my friendly followers- like my inking choice for this Christmas in July theme... :o)

:::Sending  blessings and smiles your way:::
Stay tuned for next posting...coming soooooon:o)
     Paola

3 comments:

Carol W said...

What a wonderful card Sweet P....a definite reminder of the "reason for the season". You did an awesome job with this....hugs...♥

Judy McMullen said...

Beautiful card, Sweet P! Love your story of celebrating Epiphany...Awesome!!

Linda said...

I love them!