Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Penny Black wintery cards

*Click on any pictures to enlarge*
Well, I finally uploaded my cute Penny Black cards I sent to Barb for her latest PB &WS swap.
I truly love how these adorable critters turned out. My muse for this was an old blown out Christmas decorated fancy egg, ya know those you usually buy at craft fairs and that U hope it will never break?...:o) I wanted to capture a 'scene' on ice and this is the result.
A snowy dry embossed background, a lil pond (stained glass tecnique) and lots of glitter completes this
cutee-patootee PB hedgie whose name I can't remember (it was a borrowed stamp)






Oh yeah.... do you want to know what those snoflakes are made of??...well.......One day ,recently, I was helping with the fruit and veggie program at school, and removing layers of apples....well....in between each layers there was a perfect pristine rectangle of foam...
Guess what?? It's now part of my recycled items drawer.
Doesn't make nice, soft looking snowflakes??? :o)
What do YOU think?

On My very last hedgie card,below, I thought of trying to color a bit the snowy sky (inked the embossing folder)and the card below its the result...I sooo love it and wished I made them all like that....but I was NOT about to restart them over...LOL...

My next card is made by using a new PB stamp I recently purchased.
It is called 'Christmas Text' and it reminds me of my rosmary bush for some reason...:o)

I hope you can see the sparkles...I absolutly LOVE this (new to me) tecnique!
For this card I cased this idea and followed the video tutorial from this wonderful blog:


It's a bit fiddly and messy but ohh what fun and the end result is soooo worth it to me!!
Will definetly use this tecnique again and again...:o)
Hope you like both cards...so diferent yet so unique I think...*wink*
Have a blessed Sunday...I am off to see my 5yo grandaughter's Christmas concert at the Italian  Cultural Centre in Vancouver...then doing some inking and crafting...yeahhh!!
mmm...did you notice that this card is red,white and green??
You know what that means to me,right?....of course....That's Amoreeeeeeeeee! :o)




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! More awesome cards, my friend! You have been busy.... and creative!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Both cards are great, Ms P!

Imke said...

Paola, i really regret that I have not participated in Barb´s Swap. Your cards are adorable. Love those hedgies !