Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Faith card for the 'Reason'



*Click on any images to enlarge*
 Wow...Talking about entering a challenge on the 11th hour!! :o)
I really wanted to make a new card for the recent 'Jesus is the Reason' hop ,
but time was against me and didn't get to show a new card then.
Well, I hope I reedemed myself by finally making a new Faith card,  in fact it's just out of the 'press' so-to-speak...most likely the stickles are still wet!  LOL

I intend to link it to my dear friend Catherine's 'Reason' challenge.
See her fantastic blog and what's all about,here:
http://paperaddictcatherine.blogspot.com/


I liked the distressed look ,and the end results,but most of all I love what this card truly represents: The Birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ!



Card Deets:
*Stamp: Rejoicing in Christmas by SU!
*Stamp: To You and Yours by SU! (dove)
*Card Stock: Marina Mist,Pear Pizzaz, by SU!
*D/P:The Merry Days of Christmas :"Evergreen Dots"
by My Mind's Eyes
*DP:"Green at Heart" by Basic Grey 
*Accessories: Gold Embossing Power:,Stickles, Oval Nesties,
Stars Nesties, Gold Thread,Buttons,DImentionals,Versamark,
Archival Black ink,Colored chalks,Markers
*Tecnique: wet embossing, layering,chalking,distressing
*Card size: 5.5 x 5.5





*Thanks for visiting and God's Bless!!* 

7 comments:

Gin Oak said...

It's great to see your new card (the old one was still good though). TFS :-)

:: BlueInks :: said...

Ms P, your card turned out great!

Catherine said...

This is an awesome card, Paola! I'm so glad you got it in in time to link. It is truly gorgeous (ya know I'm a fan of distressed) and such a fab celebration of faith. ((((HUGS)))))

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Gorgeous card, Sweet P! I love how you so many elements into it... lovely!!!

Imke said...

Hello Paola, your card is beautiful. I like the different layers ,how you added the ribbon and all the other embellies. Very pretty !! I´ve noticed that i wasn´t a follower of your blog- shame on me...LOL BUT now I AM a follower !!!! HUGS to you.

dweatter said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the image. The stars with the buttons are perfect and the dove in the top star is stunning.

*Susan* said...

Oh Temptress! This card is gorgeous! I love the non-traditional color palette you chose, and all of the special details - the stars, the wrapped panel, the distressing, the lovely dove, and the reason for it all - your beautiful image!! I'm hoping your Christmas is filled with love and many blessings, and I'm thankful to count *you* among the special blessings in my life! {{HUG}}