Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

In Memory....


         A year ago, on May 1, 2013 my dear sister-in-law`s Mom passed away, 
leaving everyone absolutly stunned! Her untimely death was nothing but devastating by all who
knew her , especially from my DSIL , who is mourning her Mother daily, still....
Worse time of the year is the recent Mother`s Day, of course. This is my way to honor her memory
and to showcase the sympathy card I made, a year ago, for my sister in law.


Emilia was an avid gardener, amongst many things (hence the flowered card) ; she had many uber talents too but , in primis ,was her love of singing partecipating in the Vancouver Italian Choir. 
I remembered that when I visited her last time at the hospital , she was regretting not being able to partecipate and sings in `her`choir anymore...yet now she has the privilege to sings with God`s angels...I feel she must be happy about that! ♥



This is the very last picture of Emilia...I took it on Easter Day (April 1, 2013) as she enjoyed the beautiful sunny day, eating al fresco at her daughter`s and my brother`s back yard , engulfed by laughter, happiness and much love...
Nothing could have prepared any of us of what was brewing ahead...  
Exactly one month later, on May 1, 2013 she took her last breath, after been admitted to the hospital two weeks after Easter.... Until we meet again Emilia!



             Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep 


Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
(Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!)
 by Mary Elizabeth Frye



2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Paola for such a sad occasion - it is never 'easy' to loose a loved one, the more so when it is so unexpected. But oh the joy for Emilia to be able to see Jesus and sing in His choir!
Blessings
Maxine

:: BlueInks :: said...

Such a nice tribute post to go with your pretty card.....