Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Frolicking In The Forest~



      Hello Friends in blogland~~
These are the cards I made for the latest Forest's swap.
Jeanette's swaps are full of chatter, laughter and just plain good old fashion fun! ♥


Below is the theme for the swap, as explained from Jeanette herself:

Frolicking in the Forest
(could be animals or people)

" If you’re like me, you aren’t real sure what to do with this theme. LOL! Remember, the theme is chosen by the forest friends – you vote for the theme of the next swap.

Sooooooooooo I did a little research…

frol•ic (frlk)
n.
1. Gaiety; merriment: fun and frolic.
2. A gay, carefree time.
3. A playful antic.
intr.v. frol•icked, frol•ick•ing, frol•ics
1. To behave playfully and uninhibitedly; romp.
2. To engage in merrymaking, joking, or teasing.
adj. Archaic
Merry.

               

Well, my first attempt for this swap was made at least a couple months ago, but of course, could not find the original card to post together with these,my final ones.
 (first one I made, it involved a tree and a lil fairy sitting on a mushroom)
have no clue where I stored it :( - but will post once its found.


The above, is the inside of the card, 
with a second sentiment (unknown) and a wee frog.


The silhouette stamp (bought brand new at a garage sale ) finally saw ink ,after being dormant since its purchase, for about three years. I think this stamp is definetly embracing all the definitions for 'frolicking'......don't you?? ;o) 
         *Hopefully Jeanette and the rest of the recipients will like my interpretation...*

GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE and GOD BLESS!

  

 Deets:
Card Stock: black, white// Designer Paper: Me and My Big Idea
Ink: Cool Caribbean , Forest Green Staz On, CopicG21(lime green), Copic B02 (robin's egg blue)
Stamps: 'Dancing with Flowers' from Hero Arts & 'On The Go' from SU! (front sentiment)
Accessories: SU ribbon, stickles, rhinestones ,Spellbinders die, EK frog punch, sm.googly eyes

6 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness.... Sweet P, I squealed! This card is such fun and cute and perfect for the Frolicking in the Forest theme! I love everything about it... and can't wait to see it arrive in my mailbox.

Thank you for sharing your creativity in the forest swap!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I so love the way you colored the flowers in the image. They go perfectly with the paper. Fun!

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous, Paola - that is a wonderful interpretation of the challenge, and the stamp, and your cards, are gorgeous!
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

WOW WOW WOW, what a great card. The image is perfect for this challenge. You did an amazing job my friend...perfecto!!!!!

Judy McMullen said...

Perfect card for Jeanette's "Frolicking in the Forest" theme. Love everything about it!!

kadie said...

This is gorgeous! Love the whimsy of that stamp.