Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

SOTC Challenge~~May 2012


Hello Friends,
it is time to show you another card made for the 'Sisterhood of the Travelling Cards' . Such group is the brainchild of Kadie (kmensley on SCS).

The wonderful hostess for the month of May, was April (Aprilo on SCS)
and she challenged us with the following request:

"...This month's theme is Monochromatic May! Your card can be for any occasion, but it should be all one color family! I tend to have a problem making cards like this, so I would love some inspiration from my Sistahs!..."

Well, I totally {{{{{heart}}}}this challenge!! woot woott...
I knew exactly what stamp set I was going to finally ink...I knew the tecnique
I wanted to apply too....yet I was undecide on the color family...and then it hit me...
I wanted the card to have a 'soft feeling' to it therefore I decided to stick to neutral tones and hues and did not add any sentiments on purpose, to allow the recipients to include one of their choices depending on the occasion...
I really like the soft result obtained by combining a few tecniques together.

 
Card Deets:
C/S: Crumb Cake (SU) , Naturals Ivory (SU)
D/P: from My Minds Eye
Ink: River Rock,Soft Suede, brown sugar marker (American Crafts),Gelly Roll pen.
Stamp: Bliss (SU)
Accessories: white satin pearl embossing powder, double stitched grosgrain ribbon (SU),
self adhesive pearls (Kaisercraft), Boho flowers punch (SU), Textile Texture embossing folder.
Tecniques: * sponging * distressing * dry embossing * wet embossing *

 
There you
 have it folks...
Thanks for such fun challenge April!
♥ Blessings to all! ♥






8 comments:

kadie said...

Paola, this is STUNNING!! I love all the elegant details!! Fabuloso!

Judy McMullen said...

WOW! Kadie said it all...this card is Stunning, Elegant, Fabulous!!! Love all the techniques you used to create so much texture and interesting details. Great card!!!

Barb said...

Stunning Card Paola--I love it!

jimlynn said...

GORGEOUS!!!
Lynn

April said...

Such an elegant card! You have given much inspiration! I am so happy I get to hoard one!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Pretty Ms P! I love the embossing.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your card is so classy! Love it!

Margaret said...

Paola, it's absolutely gorgeous! Love that you used the soft neutral colors. Did you emboss the image. It just pops right out there.