Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wedding Invites

Young and so very much in love....
I felt quite blessed,months ago, when my friend Debbie asked me -requested by her oldest daughter Stephanie- if I could do Stephanie and Paul's wedding invitations. We set up a date meeting with the bride-2-be and it all took off from there. In fact ,so much so that the young bride chose the pocket invites she liked best amongst the choices I gave her,that very evening. Yeahhhh for a very decisive bride, I say! :o)
Stephanie wanted pockets to be able to include a couple of gift-registries tags and a souvenir- picture of the couple (my suggestion and in black and ivory too,since we had extra space for it) The written invite part was taped on the inside part of the card, as requested by the groom.Stephanie and Paul's color choices were: Black,Purple,Ivory,and a touch of silver ,sponged around the purple panels.I stamped Baroque Motif in front of each pocket card and embossed it with clear embossing powder,thus giving it a very distinctive classy look without being overpowering (I tried it in Ivory and Silver as well first,but the clear look won! )On top of the scroll a few 'diamond gems' were applied and a silver organza ribbon tied the whole ensamble together

The ivory envelope has been scrolled with a large wheel set ,inked with Archival black onix(can't remember the wheel name,and at the moment I have it out on loan too...)Here you have it...what do you think?? The young couple and their families seemed very pleased with it. Oh...and I almost forgot to mention that I have made 150 of these invites....and yes....I also made sure I got some help from the bride and a couple of her family members as well as time was at  a premium too!...*  mmm....come to think of it....I never even uploaded them on SCS...that's a first! :o(


*The very happy newlyweds:Stephanie & Paul*
***THAT's AMOREEEEEEEEEEEE! ***

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.....awesome invites and what a beautiful couple...you did a great job my friend...I am sure you will be hired to do more once they find out who did these...GREAT JOB!!!

dweatter said...

These are beautiful invitations. Completely stunning my friend. If I ever need fancy invitations for anything I know who I am calling. I love the pockets with the inserts of the gift registry tag and picture. What a great idea. Beautiful young couple!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Really pretty invitations. I love the colors together. May the happy couple have a lifetime of happiness!

T.. said...

ullàllà!! che belli! auguri agli sposi

Lorie said...

WOW! These are stunning, Paola! Absolutely the most elegant and beautiful wedding invites I've ever seen, and the newlyweds look so happy! A labor of love, very well done!!